|Organization:||St. Mary's College (MN)|
After an amazing athletic career at St. Mary's, Max Molock returned to his alma mater in 1940 as head baseball and assistant football and basketball coach. He also served as intramural director and as an instructor in physical education.
Upon his retirement in 1983, he had coached the Saint Mary's baseball team for 40 years, amassing a 437-366 (.544) career record. His teams won the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference 11 times, recording a conference record of 234-118. His team placed second in Ninth Naval District V-12 Fitness Program during World War II.
Molock is responsible for the return of varsity hockey to Saint Mary's during the 1958 season and the establishment of wrestling. He coached the hockey team from 1958-62.
Max Molock Field at Saint Mary's was dedicated in his honor in 1977, and he received the Minnesota State High School Baseball Coaches Association's Dick Seibert Award in 1979. He was inducted into the Saint Mary's Athletics Hall of Fame in 1972.